Monday, June 9, 2008

Thrift Store and Yard Sale Finds

So those of you who know me, know that I love thrift stores and yard sales. Not so much for the clothes really but the other "stuff". So I though I would share some of my most recent treasures. I went to my local Goodwill on Friday and this is what I found:
  • small wooden desk that I have turned into a sort of desk/vanity for Sofia's room, $9
  • wooden chair in a coordinating stain to go with the desk, $4
  • fabric remnant in a bright pink and green circle pattern to recover the chair cushion, .99
  • wooden pink purse with bling to put on her desk to hold her jewelry, 1.99
  • glass jar to put seashells from our trip to the beach (for my bathroom), .99
  • NWT Ann Taylor jeans for me, $7.99
  • 7 bottle wine rack to use for a magazine holder in my bathroom, .99

On Saturday, on my way to the grocery store, I stopped at a yard sale and this is what I found:

  • bar-style long wooden table with 2 matching stools to use in my laundry room for my scrapbooking table, cream color metal legs distressed to look like wood and a rich maple top in a medium dark stain, $25
  • Puppet Theatre for Sofia, $15
  • 3 door counter top white storage bin for onions, etc, the front of each slanted bin that opens is covered in a small, grid-like wire. I am using it in my French Country bathroom upstairs to hold wash cloths, soaps, etc., $5

On Sunday, I went to Savers (a large chain of thrift stores in AZ), and this is what I found:

  • Multi-color polka dot bed skirt for Sofia's room, $2.49
  • Pink ruffle pillow sham for Sofia's room, $1.49
  • Pink wooden candle-stick type lamp for Sofia's room (matches the one she has now), $2.99
  • Blue and white striped wooden book holder that says, "Once upon a time" on the sides, for Sofia's room, $7.99
  • Pink Pottery Barn Kids Anywhere Chair cover that I will have the name removed from and have Sofia's name added to is, $2.50
  • Round chenille pillow for Sofia's bed, $1.99
  • Large oil painting with a window and a pink dress on a hanger that is now hanging in my closet, $2.49
  • glass hen for my kitchen, 1.99
  • 6 Tervis Tumblers (4 with hot air balloons 16oz and 2 with sunflowers 12oz), .99 each
  • 6 books for me, $2.99 each

So overall a very productive weekend at the local shops!! I rearranged Sofia's bedroom on Friday night trying to make a little more "done" so these finds really helped. I am on a search for curtains for her bedroom now.

No comments :