Thursday, May 29, 2008
Monday, May 26, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Friday, May 9, 2008
- Pierced ears on infants or any child under an age at which time they could fully comprehend what is involved and the pain or the ability to upkeep the wound.
- Dressing our children like "adults". Such as: little girls in hip huggers, thong underwear, platform shoes or smaller versions of "trendy" fashions
- Character clothing (Barney,Disney, etc.)
- Not saying thank you and you're welcome to anyone who helps you with something (think saying please and thank you at the McDonald's)
- Having neighbors who do not speak to each other. How can you live in a neighborhood for 7 years and only know one family? (that would never happen in the South)
- Not having sweet tea (again, not my personal drink of choice but you know everyone wants sweet tea, so why not make it with the sugar?)
- Infant jewelry (think gold name id bracelet). When is jewelry ok? In the portrait for which you will later be using to have a painting created of your child. What jewelry is ok? Family pearls.
- "Rat tail" hair styles on little boys. Despite what you may think, this is not a southern thing (but maybe a south of the border thing).
- Babies/toddlers in public with only a diaper on. How about you as the parent just show up everywhere in your underwear? I don't think so. What can make this worse? Bare feet and the child with a bottle of tea or soda or juice or something.
I am sure there are more but that is enough for today! Take care!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
- smocked clothing for our children (boys or girls) (orientexpressed, castles & crowns, etc.)
- BIG hairbows in our girl's hair
- Vera Bradley
- monograms on anything (towels, bags, children's clothing, etc.)
- Tervis cups (www.tervis.com)
- LL Bean beach totes (hello, of course with our monogram or name)
- little girls with 2 name names: Anna Claire, Mary Elizabeth, etc. and yes you use both names
- Supper Clubs
- College Football (SEC of course)
- paintings of our children
- Sterling Silver baby items (rattles, pacifier clips, etc.)
I think that's enough for now!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Sofia was in charge of her classroom "friend" this past weekend so we had to take Hopper everywhere with us.
We went to Red Lobster for dinner on Friday and then Hopper enjoyed swimming at the YMCA with Sofia. Sofia is swimming very good these days thanks to swim lessons at the Y and then she also swims there practially every day. After I work out she almost always wants to swim so of course I usually give in! Oh well, it is exercise for her too. It's great to have the Y so close because on the weekends we often go twice per day -- once for me to workout and Sofia plays in the childwatch and then again to swim. I'm working on my tan!