Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Red

Anyone that knows me well, knows that red is my favorite color. I mean hello, Roll Tide!!

When it came time to pick colors for the new house, I was just drawn to red after seeing these inspirational Hill Country houses:










I mean I LOVE them! sidenote - I grew up in a red house with matching red barn and garage!

Honey initially wanted green. I didn't hate green, I just loved red. I would have been happy either way. Somewhere along the way he came over to the red side. Maybe it's because he LOVES me so much he just wants me to be happy. :dunno:

We headed off to Sherwin Williams to look for paint and trim color and mutually settled on these:


Show Stopper Red for the siding and Dormer Brown for the trim. Both by Sherwin Williams.


Well, they painted the hardy plank yesterday and we......LOVE IT! I must admit, I was a bit shocked by the redness the first time I saw it. But then, when I went back later I truly LOVED it. Of course, 2 neighbors have already stopped by to take a picture, lol.








What do you think? Too red? Shocking? Are we crazy? Is this too much for #harrisonwhitfarmhouse?


1 comment :

Stacey said...

I think it's awesome!!