So I took the day off and it has been great! I took Sofia to school, came home cleaned the house, got dressed, went to school to have lunch with Sofia, went to the school book fair (can we say $25 gone) and now I am at home finishing up some tasks before I go pick Sofia up. She loves it when I can make it to parent pick-up and she doesn’t have to go to the afterschool program. The majority of the moms in my neighborhood (and at this school especially) do not work so anytime I can pick her she loves it! I made a few observations today while at school :
- Everything at school is almost scary locked-down
- Teachers leave school at lunch and cafeteria workers watch the lunch room
- What has happened to school lunches? Most kids bring their lunch and I can see why! I think I feel bad for making Sofia buy lunches some days. I noticed the kids that do buy drink like 3 milks each! I guess they are filling up on the chocolate milk since the food was not looking so good.
- School carnival has to be in September so that it can not be associated with Halloween at all (boy when I was at Flint Elementary school our Halloween carnivals were the best)!!
- Book Fairs = mucho cash!
- Pretty sure the folks at school can sniff out us few working moms. I am also certain I am not treated the same as those that spend every day at school (you know the non-workers).
Don’t get me wrong, I am happy with Sofia’s school and it is the best school system around, but I sort of wish were in some little small town in 1981 and no one was worried about bad stuff happening and Halloween could be celebrated followed up with a big Christmas party. Ah, the good ole days.
Here is my little sassy gal on the way to school this morning
Friday is a PE day so tennis shoes are a must (much to my dismay)! Her shirt says “dots are the new pink”! We got this at that cute store called Little Miss Matched. Headbands are also her favorite thing right now. I bought some monogrammed ones from Etsy I am waiting on.
Have a great weekend everyone, I am going to try to get back on track with my blogging – I have been a big ole slacker!!!