Monday, July 7, 2014

Weekend Recap - Happy 4th of July

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and 4th! I know we sure did!

We took the kids to see Transformers on Thursday night (boring) and then on Friday Sofia and I went to our local Goodwill, the grocery, to get my car inspected and to buy fireworks ($150). 

Friday we grilled out at home and I made an apple pie. Of course we could not eat the apple pie because we discovered we had a small gas leak at our stove and the stove had to be turned off (it's still off) so I had to freeze it. Ugh. Any who, the burgers and fixings were great and we had strawberry shortcake with homemade whip cream. 

Before dinner, I started prepping the men folk with news that there would be family photos before we went to see the fireworks. Everyone participated and they turned out great!






 

The fireworks in town were awesome! 



I hope you all had a fantastic celebration weekend! 
 

2 comments :

Lauren Collins said...

Y'all all look very cute and sweet! Looks like a fun weekend!

Laura said...

Ha! Your comment about Transformers made me laugh! Ain't no way I would go see that! I saw y'alls crazy pic on FB - or maybe it was IG? - and it made me laugh, too! Looks like y'all get along great! $150 bucks on fireworks? Wowser!!