Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Reason to stay motivated

Those that have been around a while know that I struggle to lose weight. It is super hard for me - regardless of  how hard I work out. From running marathons to working out twice per day losing a pound is hard work. I think it part hormonal part I don't know what. If I cut all carbs (fruits and veggies too) I do have better success, but that is very hard!

Anyway, I'm feeling less than motivated this week so I spent some time on Google+ looking for pictures of the "old" me to re-motivate me. I think I found it!

I present: me at my heaviest (around 180, October 2011 - I'm 5'2") and me at my hottest (130, June 2012).

Now ultimately the number on the scale is not my guide. Clothing size does drive me, I'm not gonna lie. But more than that, it';s a feeling I get when I am healthier. I don't have that feeling right now. Of course I'm working out 10-12 times per week but just don't feel my best!

I just want it to be easier! UGH!

Now if this doesn't reignite my passion for running, fitness and dieting, I don't know what will!

I'm sitting about 16 lbs away from where I want to be!! I gotta get there!!! I WILL get there!!!

Sorry for the random post!! lol

4 comments :

Laura said...

Hang in there, girl! But you do realize you are trying to lose weight at the wrong time of the year?? LOL. I know you can do it, so don't be too hard on yourself. I think you look great already. Exercising two times a day would wear me out!!

The Mrs. said...

Omg you look amazing. Motivation indeed!!!! It is so hard, and I need to lose weight, but for now I'm just trying to make it through the holiday!

Happily Ever Parker said...

You can do it! I need to find a new routine to get me motivated as well. Whipping out my photos from college is so depressing!

Jodee said...

Holy cow! You were one hot mama! I, too, struggle to lose weight. I know you can do it again! Hang in there!