Monday, December 2, 2013

Tukey Day re-cap

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! Ours was relaxing and yummy!

Everything we cooked can be found here.

We kicked off the fun on Wednesday by prepping some of our dishes: pies, cranberry, brining the turkey and putting together all of the sides. This made Thursday so easy!


That night we upped the excitement by lighting the menorah that belonged to Honey's family. Sofia of course was super excited about presents!



Thursday morning we slept in (7:30) and then Honey started smoking the turkey on the BGE. It was SO good! It took about 4 hours. We ate lunch around 1pm on Thursday. We were all ready by the time we sat down!


My favorites? The turkey, sweet potato casserole (you must make this), cranberry relish and the kugel that Honey made. But all of our sides and desserts were SOOO good!

We spent the rest of the day being lazy - perfect! I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30!

Friday morning I woke up early and took Sofia to a horse camp for the day (Thanks Groupon). She had a blast riding and taking care of the horses! After dropping her off, I went to Orange Theory to work off all the yummy food from the day before. This class was SO hard! It was truly punishment!
I ran in Ulta really quick to pick up 2 gifts for myself (from Honey for Hanukkah) and then went home. Later that afternoon I took Sofia to Justice to spend her birthday gift card since it was 60% off.




The rest of our weekend was pretty random: leftovers, went to see Catching Fire and worked out every day. Overall I feel pretty good about the food choices and quantities. Whatever was not eaten by last night at dinner, went in the trash. Pies, cupcakes, everything.

Here's some random pics from the long weekend.


My view most afternoons - in bed watching TV! LOL

Best kitchen helper I know!


No comments :