Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday! I hope y'all had fantastic weekends!

We had another low-key weekend. Since we are doing Whole30, we haven't been out to eat much so we spend more time at home.

Friday night Sofia had a friend stay the night so we were all just hanging out at home and enjoyed paleo chili for dinner. Pretty tasty and you don't even miss the beans!

Saturday I got up early and went to Orange Theory. After class, I got cleaned up and we went to Costco (ugh - does it ever cost less than $200), Barnes & Noble and then back home.

Sofia was invited to a friend's house for a sleepover, so Honey and I decided to go to the movies to see Jack Ryan. It was good, not great. Have you seen it? Thoughts? Before we went, we made chicken and shrimp curry over cauliflower rice! YUMMY!

Sunday Sofia had her second riding lesson. She is SO happy when she is riding! She was over the moon when her teacher let her trot! She did so good! I grew up riding my whole life so I am thrilled to share this with her!






  


She's pretty bouncy, gotta work on the posting!

After lessons, we hurried home to do our Super Bowl snack prep - all Whole30 approved of course! 

We had: 
  • fresh plantain chips and homemade guacamole
  • sausage stuffed jalapenos with guacamole on top
  • pork, pineapple and coconut meatballs
  • sweet potato fries
  • grilled chicken wings
  • bacon wrapped avocado
Everything was great - but the plantain chips could have been a little crisper. You can find all of these Whole30 recipes here. 

That pretty much sums it up. I enjoyed some of the commercials, but that game was a snoozefest!

Today is Day 30 of my Whole30 adventure!! I'll be back tomorrow with a full recount of the details!

#Whole30, #Paleo


2 comments :

Laura said...

I am SOOO proud of you for stickin' to that paleo thing! You did awesome!! Fia looks like a pro at riding horses! Alise would love that, too, but alas, I have NO idea where to find someone to do that kinda thing with her here. Yes, I agree about the SB! I quit watching at half time and I didn't even watch the HT show. I read a book instead. I'm glad you mentioned that movie, too, because Wayne has been wanting to see it and I've just been putting him off. I'll have to tell him and maybe he'll agree to see something else. Have a good week, Whit!!

The Mrs. said...

Proud of you for sticking to that diet!! You go girl! Riding lesson looks so cute!