Friday, March 27, 2009

When Life (or Beth) hands you lemons.....



make lemonade!


My friend Beth at work (and tons of other folks in the area) has lemon trees in her backyard. So I told her anytime she picked them up, she could bring them to me. Well, she certainly took me up on the offer and brought a huge bag to me earlier this week. So tonight I made fresh squeezed lemonade and it is very good! I used 20 lemons (which Sofia sliced in half for me--yes I let my 5 year old use a knife) which made 6 cups of lemon juice, 18 cups of water and 3 ups of sugar. Sofia poured all of my ingredients together and even licked some lemon juice!


and what goes better with lemonade than cookies? Sofia "baked" these!

1 comment :

carolinagirl said...

Wow! My MIL has one lemon tree potted (indoors)...I can't imagine seeing planted lemon trees. Too cool! The lemonade sounds delicious!