Monday, March 31, 2014

Weekend Recap

Was there a weekend? I don't recall any downtime at all. I enjoy downtime on the weekends, but that just did not happen this weekend.

Friday night after work we went to dinner for some pre-race carbs (pizza, pasta and a salad) at Sauce.

If you are ever out this way, I highly suggest. In the summer they run an awesome special. For $20 you get a pizza, salad and 2 glasses of wine! Needless to say, Honey and I frequent it a lot in the summer. No pics of the dinner though, I was too busy chowing down!

Saturday morning I was up bright and early at 5:40 for my half marathon. I must say I LOVED this race! I did the Going the Distance Half Marathon and aside from some water shortage, this is a great race!

It was warm outside (and sunny) a little too warm personally. All in all I ran a great race and won 3rd place in my age group with a 1:54:10. this is about 3 1/2 minutes slower than my Half PR, but for the training I've put in, I was very happy.



Can't miss me in my Bama hat! Roll Tide!

I'm smiling because I'm so happy to see Honey and Sofia at the 5 mile mark! I didn't think I would see them again, but they figured out a spot on the course to see me go by not once, but twice! 

2nd time around the loop. I figured out a way (while running) to voice text Honey to get my banana ready for me when I came by again and he did!  I needed it!




 Yay me!!

 After the race we hit up Five Guys and Costco then headed home to relax for a little bit before heading out for some wings and a movie. We saw Sabotage. I gotta say, I kinda liked it. I passed on Divergent.

Yesterday morning Sofia and ran by Target so I could get this pretty:


source

 You see, Honey and I tell each other how much we adore each other and we always sign everything (even texts) with xoxo. So it was meant to be that I should have this!

Then we went to riding lessons, Home Depot (for a hoe), grabbed some lunch and then went to our local spring carnival so that Sofia and her friend could ride all those crazy fair rides and play those dreadful games.



Finally we spent some time pulling weeds and cleaning up the backyard (all in preparation for moving out at the end of May)!

1 comment :

Becky M said...

Yay for the race! That sounds so fun. And I love pizza - it sounds like I need to go to that restaurant!

agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com