Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Birthday Trip - Part 1

We were so busy this weekend that I need a few days off to recover!

My Honey swept me away this past weekend to celebrate my birthday (9/16). He arranged a sitter for the weekend and we headed out bright and early on Friday morning for Vegas!


This was the weekend of the monogrammed scarf! Here it is on Friday. I paired it with a denim shirt, white shorts and cowboy booties! Best part (other than the scarf) - the booties were on sale at Ross for $10.99, the shorts were $5 and the denim shirt came from good ole Walmart for $13! 

 

We  started our day in Vegas at lunch time at Sushi Koma. It is an amazing AYCE (all you can eat) sushi restaurant. Very fresh, very tasty sushi and apps! We loaded up and the total price was $50 for both of us!  You can't beat that for sushi (rolls, nigiri, dumplings, edemame, etc.)

After lunch, we checked in at the fabulous Pelazzo. Out room was beautiful! It is an all-suites property and a sister property to the Venetian. It also happens to be the home of Tim and Faith's Vegas act, but they aren't in town yet. Rats.



We spent some time wandering the strip and then quickly returned to our room to get ready for dinner.
 
This is as close as I got to seeing Tim McGraw!


We planned to eat at the buffet at Caesars Palace. Hey - you can't go to Vegas and not visit at least one buffet! lol Especially this one, they are the highest rated in all of Vegas. Well we got there at 6pm and the wait was over an hour!! I wasn't concerned but then my Honey let me in on a little secret...we had plans for after dinner! So we had to come up with Plan B. We headed over to Old Homestead Steakhouse. I can't even begin to tell you how good this steak was. WOW. Melt in your mouth, seasoned perfectly. Honey and I shared the the "steak on the bone for two." I think it was 40oz or something.  YUM! We also shared oysters, lots of yummy bread, "duck fat" fries and creamed spinach. The fries and spinach were nothing to get excited about, but the oysters and bread - fantastic!!


After dinner I had no idea where we were off to. Imagine my surprise when Honey led me to The Colosseum! He got us tickets to see Elton John!  Woo Hoo!!!


After an amazing concert, we stopped off for some ice cream and then headed back to the hotel. No late night partying for us - we had a 5:45am wake-up call the next morning!


1 comment :

Laura said...

Hey Whit! Thanks for you comments. Yes, Alise does have good teachers even though they sometimes make my life miserable with all the studying. I'm not bragging, but I have to say that that's what private school gets you...good teachers who really seem to care. When I called Ms. Turner, Alise's reading & English teacher, after she made the C {one point from a D, I might add...} she was so kind and assured me that she would give Alise plenty of opportunities to try to bring the grade up. Ms. Turner is kinda "old school," but she's a great teacher and Alise has already learned so much this year in her class. We have a great school and trust me, I make my opinions known if I don't like something. The principal and I don't always see eye-to-eye on things, but if I'm gonna pay what I'm paying for private school tuition, then my expectations are higher and should be met. Enough about that.

I tried to comment on this post yesterday, but couldn't. WTH?? Anyhoo, Harrison is so good to you! You guys are always on the go and seem so happy! Give Sofia a hug for me!