Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Recap and a few recipes I tried

This weekend was perfect after our super busy traveling weekend last week!

Friday night, Sofia had a friend sleepover. I love sleepovers! She feels special and I'm off the hook for entertaining! I could be slipping in the mom department! LOL

Sofia and her guest enjoyed pizza while Honey and I dined on this Chipotle Steak Salad and it was yummy! It's the Pioneer Woman's recipe. I mean, does Ree every steer you wrong? The answer is "no."

One note, I would sub the regular mayo for light or fat free (if it exists) and if you are not a HUGE chipotle fan, cut the amount in the dressing my about half. It is spicy! Oh and we happened to have a London Broil cut of steak, so we used that instead. Worked just fine!


Saturday the girls were up bright and early (no thanks to Sofia who woke her friend up at 6:30 - we had a talk about that) and I made them our tried and true sticky bun recipe.


After breakfast started, I got busy putting together lunch/dinner. I used this crockpot jambalaya recipe and well...it left something to be desired. I believe I need a consult from Laura to put me on the right track to a good jambalaya.
Problem: I don't like the taste of thyme and the rice got to soggy. In fact, everything got too soggy.

I took Sofia and her friend home to play at their house for a while and then I hit the gym for a good cardio workout. I enjoyed Netflix (with the gym's wifi) on my phone and pounded through 60 minutes! PS - if you are gonna watch "Say Yes to the Dress" while working out, be prepared for tears while working out. lol




**Stay tuned for whole other drama-filled post on working out, weight loss/gain and my current frustration level! Oh and a plan to right my self!

I also spent some time rocking this hat. And I might also have a matching one for Sofia.


Later that evening we went to the movies for the limited release of Captain Phillips. It was good, not great.
And we got home to find this in our bed:
Sunday was a lazy day. Sofia went to church with a friend and we stayed around the house and just hung out. Watched football.
*don't judge the mix/match furniture. It's a rental. lol

Oh and I also worked on a project using these ugly Dollar Tree pumpkins. More to come.
I think that's about it! Hope y'all had a great weekend!

1 comment :

Laura said...

Ha ha! What do you need to consult me about? This Bama girl loves some Cajun food!! I hate that it was disappointing. Most jambalaya recipes I like. So the Sticky Buns are really good? I've been wanting to try that one for a while!

Thanks for posting about that movie. Wayne wants to see it. I don't. We may wait for Red Box.