Friday, October 11, 2013

Weeks fly by - Fitting it all in!

So if you are friends with me on Facebook I'm sure you get tired of seeing my workout posts. But I also post them because I have friends message me and tell me how encouraging it is for them to see me doing it! This week I've been thinking, "gee, how do I manage to fit it all in?" So I thought for myself (and anyone who cares) that I would record what my week looks like.

Monday
4:40am - get up to get to gym for 45 minutes of cardio. Gym opens at 5am and then I'm back home by 5:50. Jump in the shower, ready myself minimally (I finish getting "made-up" at work), make my ice coffee and grab the bag of groceries I prepped the night before for the work week breakfasts and lunches. I am doing really good NOT eating out! I try to be out the door by 6:20.

7:15-3:15 - work.

3:15-3:45 - commute home and yes, still monitor work emails.

3:45 - walk in the door, change into workout clothes, grab some water and take Sofia to gymnastics.

4-5 - workout again. More cardio and some weights (or legs, abs, etc.)

5 - home and start dinner (meal planning is working out great!!)

6:15 - back home with Sofia if I picked her up (sometimes Honey does if he is in town)

6:30 - dinner as a family

7-8:30 - offer any assistance to Sofia for homework, watch tv as a family, put dishes in washer or just veg.

8:30 - Sofia goes upstairs to "bed" - she has 30 minutes to read, pick out her clothes, etc. She goes to bed at 9pm. I don't go back upstairs after 8:30 and she doesn't come down (every now and then she will come down for random requests, etc.)

8:30-10 - Honey and I watch our shows

10 - SLEEP

Tuesday
4:20am - up to go to Orange Theory class. Class is from 5-6 then I head to work and shower and get ready there.

7:15-3:15 - work.

3:15-3:45 - commute home and yes, still monitor work emails.

3:45 - walk in the door, change into workout clothes, grab some water and go to the gym

4-5 - workout again. More cardio and some weights (or legs, abs, etc.)

5 - home and start dinner (meal planning is working out great!!)


6:30 - dinner as a family

7-8:30 - offer any assistance to Sofia for homework, watch tv as a family, put dishes in washer or just veg.

8:30 - Sofia goes upstairs to "bed" - she has 30 minutes to read, pick out her clothes, etc. She goes to bed at 9pm. I don't go back upstairs after 8:30 and she doesn't come down (every now and then she will come down for random requests, etc.)

8:30-10 - Honey and I watch our shows

10 - SLEEP

Wednesday
Same as Monday

Thursday
Same as Tuesday - except I normally work from home on Thursdays. This is also the day I clean house (between emails).

5 - take Sofia to soccer practice

Friday
Same as Monday and Wednesday except no gymnastics on Fridays anymore, now she has Girl Scouts 2 x per month.

Saturday
Soccer Game, hike or gym, usually a date night, football and random events. We try to do something as a family as well as have a date. This is also usually a day we will grill a lunch for the games. No cleaning.

Sunday
Hike or gym, tv, laziness, library.


Whew - that's it! I'm sorta proud of myself! How do I get it all done?

1 comment :

Colleen said...

coming over from Kelly's blog.
funny how we do manage to fit in a lot!!! I'm the same way. it's been nice getting back to working out but it certainly takes a while to work it into the schedule.