Friday, July 26, 2013

Jenna's Commenting Challenge Day 5 - Best Meal EVER

Woo Hoo - It's Friday!! It's the last day of JennaBlogs Commenting Challenge. What a great way to get to meet so many other bloggers! I've added tons of folks to my reading list! Be sure to go check out Jenna!
Today's final topic is best meal EVER. Could be restaurant, mom's meal, etc.

Hmmm...where do I start.

Well, I love food! It's about bringing people together. I think it is social. Here's what comes to mind when I think of my best meals ever:

  1. My Mom's hamburger steak with gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy and black eyed peas. I hated it as a kid. All it took was moving away from home for many years to realize when I went back to visit, I HAD to have it!  Good ole Southern cooking! YUMMMMM!!!!
  2. This past Christmas we were in Sonoma/San Francisco. On Christmas Day it was cold and raining outside. We went and hiked at John Muir Woods National Park and then drove over the GG Bridge into the city in search of lunch. I whipped out the phone and said show me restaurants! The nearest place of any interest: an Indian Buffet. Can't remember the name but I always think about this day because if reminds me of a scene from a movie or something. lol. We ran through the rain and cold, into this cute restaurant with big glass windows looking out at the City, shed our coats and went on to have a wonderful Indian buffet lunch on Christmas Day in San Francisco.  Cost - less than $20 for both of us! We were cold and the spicy meats and sticky rice hit the spot. We stuffed ourselves. It was wonderful. I think back on this day so much I guess because it was our first holiday together and it was the most unique for me!
  3. For  our 1 year anniversary, my Honey took me to North Fattoria Italiana here in Phoenix. OH MY HEAVENS. The best pasta and speciality pizza. But beyond the food is the ambiance. The restaurant is like a big barn. It is so wonderful!
  4. Just recently (while in Maui) we drove the rode to Hana and had lunch at Thai Food by Pranee. WHOA - the best THAI ever! If in Maui - drive the RTH just to go eat there! The layers of flavor were mind-blowing!
So I think that is it for me. Of course I can think of tons of my mom's meals that make me happy and then there is Big Bob Gibson's BBQ that always hits the spot but, well I'd run out of time if I listed them all. So have any of you visited those places??

Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments :

Laura said...

Do y'all EVER stay home??!! LOL!!

Bamawhitney said...

We do!! Except we are leaving next Friday for an RV trip to Yellowstone and Tetons!

Ashley said...

Southern meals are the best!!